InspectAPedia tolerates no conflicts of interest. We have no relationship with advertisers, products, or services discussed at this website.
InspectApedia.com is a free encyclopedia of building & environmental inspection, testing, diagnosis, repair, & problem prevention advice
Green links show where you are. © Copyright 2015 InspectApedia.com, All Rights Reserved.
Contact Information for InspectApedia.com
- Ask us if you can't find the answer to your need:
- First choice: use the COMMENTS BOX found at the bottom of each article to post a comment or ask a question. We monitor comments constantly and respond usually within minutes to a few hours. By commenting within the article you are reading you help us keep related material together and other readers with the same interest are also able to post suggestions.
- Second choice: We welcome email with your website content critique, corrections, suggestions or questions. Email is monitored daily but workload may prevent an immediate reply.
- Search InspectApedia Free Information: Find researched, un-biased and in-depth building and environmental diagnosis & repair advice at InspectAPedia.com
using the search box that appears on our pages:
Search the InspectApedia website
- Fee Paid (not free) Telephone or Email CONSULTING
- Free or Reduced Fee ASSISTANCE pro-bono consulting may be provided to disabled, elderly or senior citizens, limited-income individuals, veterans, victims of disasters, or religious institutions.
- Publisher Mailing Address
Vassar College Box 419
124 Raymond Avenue
Poughkeepsie NY 12604
Daniel Friedman has no association with the institution of Vassar College. While the publisher's mailing address above is in the U.S., InspectApedia is an international project welcoming readers in more than one hundred and fifty countries.
- Telephone: Just a quick a question?
Please use the Comments Box at the end of each article
or Email to editor@InspectAPedia.com
Reader volume precludes unpaid non-emergency telephone consulting, but we welcome and will respond promptly to questions or suggestions sent by email.
For emergency telephone contact, InspectApedia.com publisher/editor can be reached via telephone number we will provide in a prompt response to your email sent to email@example.com
- Purchases: With the exception of links to BOOKSTORE - InspectAPedia hosted at Amazon.com who pays us a microscopic commission on book sales (less than $40./month), we do not sell anything.
Please do not call to ask about buying, servicing, selling, or repairing any part, product, or service.
InspectAPedia.com provides building and environmental diagnostic and repair information. In order to assure our readers that we write and report without bias we do not sell any products nor servces, nor do we have any business or financial relationships that could create such conflicts of interest.
- Pro-bono professional assistance pro-bono consulting may be provided to elderly, disabled, limited-income individuals, veterans, victims of disasters, or for religious institutions.
Just CONTACT US by EMAIL and explain your pro-bono request. We also provide limited pro-bono forensic laboratory services such as mold testing and dust particle analysis for the same cases.
- ABOUT US - information about InspectAPedia.com
- ACCURACY & PRIVACY POLICIES - we do not collect nor share any information about individual site visitors
- CONTENT USE / REPRODUCTION POLICY: it's OK to reproduce web articles in non-commercial-use printed form only, do not make electronic copies.
MAKING ELECTRONIC COPIES OF our WEBSITE CONTENTS (such as copying our pages, content from our pages, or our graphics to another website or into email) IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED - this website is © protected material, all rights reserved.
- LINK EXCHANGE: To provide your link exchange information and our link exchange policy
see Directory Listing & Link Exchange Instructions
There are no listing fees & no conflicts of interest.
We reserve the right to list or not list individuals or companies and to provide notice of consumer compliments or complaints.
- VIDEO GUIDES (free): demonstrate diagnostic inspections & building repairs
Continue reading at ABOUT US or select a topic from the More Reading links shown below.
Suggested citation for this web page
HOW TO CONTACT InspectApedia.com at InspectApedia.com - online encyclopedia of building & environmental inspection, testing, diagnosis, repair, & problem prevention advice.
Green link shows where you are in this article series.
Please post questions or comments at the end of an appropriate InspectApedia.com article. If you're not sure where that might be, Try the search box just below.
Search the InspectApedia website
Technical Reviewers & References
Publisher's Google+ Page by Daniel Friedman
Click to Show or Hide Citations & References
- Carson, Dunlop & Associates Ltd., 120 Carlton Street Suite 407, Toronto ON M5A 4K2. (416) 964-9415 1-800-268-7070 firstname.lastname@example.org. The firm provides professional home inspection services & home inspection education & publications. Alan Carson is a past president of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors. Thanks to Alan Carson and Bob Dunlop, for permission for InspectAPedia to use text excerpts from The Home Reference Book & illustrations from The Illustrated Home. Carson Dunlop Associates' provides:
- Commercial Building Inspection Courses - protocol ASTM Standard E 2018-08 for Property Condition Assessments
- Home Inspection Education Courses including home study & live classes at eleven colleges & universities.
- Home Inspection Education Home Study Courses - ASHI@Home Training 10-course program.
Special Offer: Carson Dunlop Associates offers InspectAPedia readers in the U.S.A. a 5% discount on these courses: Enter INSPECTAHITP in the order payment page "Promo/Redemption" space. InspectAPedia.com editor Daniel Friedman is a contributing author.
- The Home Reference Book, a reference & inspection report product for building owners & inspectors.
Special Offer: For a 10% discount on any number of copies of the Home Reference Book purchased as a single order. Enter INSPECTAHRB in the order payment page "Promo/Redemption" space. InspectAPedia.com editor Daniel Friedman is a contributing author.
- The Home Reference eBook, an electronic version for PCs, the iPad, iPhone, & Android smart phones.
Special Offer: For a 5% discount on any number of copies of the Home Reference eBook purchased as a single order. Enter inspectaehrb in the order payment page "Promo/Redemption" space.
- The Illustrated Home illustrates construction details and building components, a reference for owners & inspectors.
Special Offer: For a 5% discount on any number of copies of the Illustrated Home purchased as a single order Enter INSPECTAILL in the order payment page "Promo/Redemption" space.
- The Horizon Software System manages business operations,scheduling, & inspection report writing using Carson Dunlop's knowledge base & color images. The Horizon system runs on always-available cloud-based software for office computers, laptops, tablets, iPad, Android, & other smartphones.
- Eric Galow, Galow Homes, Lagrangeville, NY. Mr. Galow can be reached by email: email@example.com or by telephone: 914-474-6613. Mr. Galow specializes in residential construction including both new homes and repairs, renovations, and additions.
- Mark Cramer Inspection Services Mark Cramer, Tampa Florida, Mr. Cramer is a past president of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors and is a Florida home inspector and home inspection educator. Contact Mark Cramer at: 727-595-4211 mark@BestTampaInspector.com 11/06
- Roger Hankey is principal of Hankey and Brown home inspectors, Eden Prairie, MN. Mr. Hankey is a past chairman of the ASHI Standards Committee. Mr. Hankey has served in other ASHI professional and leadership roles. Contact Roger Hankey at: 952 829-0044 - firstname.lastname@example.org. Mr. Hankey is a frequent contributor to InspectAPedia.com.
- Arlene Puentes, an ASHI member and a licensed home inspector in Kingston, NY, and has served on ASHI national committees as well as HVASHI Chapter President. Ms. Puentes can be contacted at email@example.com
- Wikipedia provided background information about some topics discussed at this website provided this citation is also found in the same article along with a " retrieved on" date. NOTE: because Wikipedia entries are fluid and can be amended in real time, we cite the retrieval date of Wikipedia citations and we do not assert that the information found there is necessarily authoritative.
Books & Articles on Building & Environmental Inspection, Testing, Diagnosis, & Repair
- Our recommended books about building & mechanical systems design, inspection, problem diagnosis, and repair, and about indoor environment and IAQ testing, diagnosis, and cleanup are at the InspectAPedia Bookstore. Also see our Book Reviews - InspectAPedia.
- The Home Reference Book - the Encyclopedia of Homes, Carson Dunlop & Associates, Toronto, Ontario, 25th Ed., 2012, is a bound volume of more than 450 illustrated pages that assist home inspectors and home owners in the inspection and detection of problems on buildings. The text is intended as a reference guide to help building owners operate and maintain their home effectively. Field inspection worksheets are included at the back of the volume. Special Offer: For a 10% discount on any number of copies of the Home Reference Book purchased as a single order. Enter INSPECTAHRB in the order payment page "Promo/Redemption" space. InspectAPedia.com editor Daniel Friedman is a contributing author.
Or choose the The Home Reference eBook for PCs, Macs, Kindle, iPad, iPhone, or Android Smart Phones. Special Offer: For a 5% discount on any number of copies of the Home Reference eBook purchased as a single order. Enter INSPECTAEHRB in the order payment page "Promo/Redemption" space.